Call:  (407) 331-6620 or (850) 439-1001
Toll-free:  (888) 331-6620 

e-book thumbnail

Seven Things To Know When You Receive A Notice Of Investigation From The Department Of Health

I have received an election of rights (EOR) form together with an administrative complaint (or notice of intent). Do I need an attorney to assist me in completing it?

Speaker 1: The short answer to this question is yes you do. An administrative complaint is a formal charging document letting you know that formal charges have been filed against your professional license. The election of rights statement, or the EOR tells you what your rights are to the various different types of hearings.
You will be given the opportunity to have an informal hearing, which is something you need to scrutinize very carefully and make sure you understand what it is because an informal hearing means that you plead guilty to the charges and admit that every charge is true, and you get a hearing only on how much punishment you should get. A formal hearing gives you the option of having a full hearing with attorneys, and you have due process rights, and get to try your case in front of an administrative law judge.
Immediately consult with an experienced health care attorney before making any further decisions on that case.