Insurance Defense Attorney for Health Professionals
We routinely represent physicians and dentists in defending against malpractice claims, civil lawsuits, administrative complaints, peer review actions, Department of Health investigations, medicare audits, medicaid audits, clinical privileges hearings and other matters. In cases in which the health care professional has professional liability insurance or general liability insurance which provides coverage for such matters, we will seek to obtain coverage by your insurance company and will attempt to have your legal fees and expenses covered by your insurance company. We will agree to take an assignment of your insurance policy proceeds in order to be able to submit our bills directly to your insurance company, if your insurance company will allow this.
Many of these insurers will pay our firm to represent you in the legal defense of an investigation or complaint against your professional (nursing, medical, dental, psychology, mental health counselor) license or for an administrative hearing involving professional discipline. Contact us early.
In doing so, we have represented the insureds of the following insurance companies:
- ACE USA Insurance Company
- Allied World Assurance Company
- American Professional Agency
- Association of American Educators (AAE)
- CPH & Associates
- Darwin National Insurance Company
- Dentists Advantage Insurance Company
- Firemen's Fund Insurance Company (FFIC)
- First Professionals Insurance Company (FPIC)
- Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO)
- Lloyd's of London
- Medical Defense Solutions (MDS)
- Medical Protective Insurance Company
- NAS Insurance
- Nurses Service Organization (NSO)
- One Beacon Insurance Company
- Philadelphia Insurance Company (PIC)
- Podiatric Insurance Company of America (PICA)
- State Farm Insurance Company
- The Doctors Company (TDC)
- Trust Risk Management Services
- And many more
For those insurance companies who with whom we do not have an existing relationship, at your request, we will submit our information to the insurance company and will agree to work for rates comparable to the other firms that the insurance company uses in the area, if the insurance company will agree to this.
We have also been retained to defend physicians and businesses in general litigation matters and business litigation matters by some of the insurance companies named above.